Androgynous fashion has been everywhere lately, but some people seem to be confused by it. What is it? Who can wear it? Where can you get it? All these questions and more can be answered right here.
First off, lets define what it means to be androgynous. To be androgynous, according to Google, means to look partly female and partly male. It is important to understand that androgynous does not = gay. It simply refers to ones appearance. There are varying levels of androgyny. It all depends on how the individual wants to represent themselves.
There are a lot of androgynous models out there, which means they model both male and female clothing. Check out Rain Dove, Elliot Sailors, or Jack Paulo.
Now, androgynous fashion has been everywhere for a long time, you just may not have noticed. Stealing your guys flannel or wearing “boyfriend jeans” is a step in the androgynous direction. It can be fun to dress like the opposite sex. This does not mean you have to be a cross dresser to wear androgynous clothing. Wearing androgynous clothing means that men and women can wear it. It is not defined by gender. Sometimes it looks more masculine, like with button up shirts, and sometimes it looks feminine like with blouses. Androgynous fashion rejects categories, and that’s the gist of it. Think “Tomboy.”
Where can you buy androgynous fashion? A lot of brands are creating men’s clothing, but for women. This means shirts that typically look male are being structured for the female body, but in a way that men can wear it. Check out Androgyny whose mission statement is, “…we’re re-engineering menswear to fit the female body; to fit those who prefer button-ups to pencil skirts.”
Sometimes, however, the best explanations are those that come visually. Check out some androgynous fashion on Tumblr!
Or apartment owners, or anyone who generally enjoys a clean space but never has time to do anything about it. I like a clean house but at the end of the day I am too lazy to actually do anything about it. Who wants to throw out their back mopping or tire their hands by scrubbing dishes? If you are like me and struggle with the need for a clean home but lack the motivation to clean then you need these products.
- Cutlery Cleaner: Are you like the many college students who lack a dishwasher in their homes? Do you struggle with cleaning the massive pile of dirty dishes in your sink? Well don’t switch to paper plates just yet! Try the Cutlery Cleaner! It has a suction cup on the side that allows you to stick it on your sink and make it stay! There are bristles on each side that allow for maximum scrubbing! No more using dirty utensils or giant ladles when you are looking for a spoon to eat your cereal with! All for $7.95
- Remote Control Mop: Is your floor constantly covered in crumbs? It probably is, and that is okay! You no longer have to strain your back by scrubbing dirty floors. Get the RC Sugio Mop! Sit back and relax while you control the mop and watch it do all the work for $42.00!
- Window Cleaning Robot: Technology saves the day yet again with this robotic window cleaner, or WINBOT. No one likes cleaning windows. In almost every TV show where people interview maids you can hear them say “I don’t do windows.” With good reason, too! We all want clean windows but who wants to spend the time reaching and scrubbing? Not me. So if I ever find myself with an extra $400.00 you can bet I’ll spend it on the WINBOT
For more lazy cleaning products check out this article.
There is nothing like eating outside in the summer. Whether it be on your deck, in the park, or at the beach food always seems to taste better in the sun. But there is one thing that can ruin your lazy day lunching, and that thing often comes in plurals: bugs. Bugs can sense when you are having a good time and they hate you so they strive to ruin it. At least, that is my theory. But a solution has finally come to light.
As I was browsing on BuzzFeed, as I often do, I came across an interesting article entitled “19 Insanely Clever Products You Need This Summer.” I read this and thought to myself, “Hey, I’d like some clever products in my life” and the first thing I saw was this Bug Blasting Blunderbuss.
I saw this and I was like, okay, is this one of those “fake” articles BuzzFeed does so well? As far as I can tell, its not. This bug gun is real! The Bug Blasting Blunderbuss is basically a pump-action operated squirt gun. It kills the bugs using a concoction of common table salt, so if you get it on your food it’s no big deal. You can get them out of your way without swatting them and spraying bug juice everywhere! The norma spray setting blasts up to 24 inches away while the wide range can capture bugs at 36 inches away. The bottom is flat so you can aim at unsightly bugs crawling on your tables as well as bugs flying in your bubble. The Bug Blasting Blunderbuss does its job for $49.95. You can get it at Hammacher Schlemmer, whose motto is “Offering the Best, the Only, and the Unexpected for 167 Years” which seems incredibly accurate while looking at this product!
I can’t wait to shoot some bugs down!
I am always the first to admit that I wear a lot of makeup, of course you would never know that because I literally blend everything. That is the golden rule of makeup: make it look like you are not wearing any. This is clearly easier said than done because I have seen some train wrecks in my life. I mean makeup wise. Some people just do not know what they are doing. Now I am not saying that I am an expert by any means. There are people that are way more talented than I, but I do have a few beauty products in my life that take my look from 0 to 100 (real quick). So today I am going to talk about the Three products that changed my beauty game.
- I have tried a lot of foundations in my day, but I never seemed to find the right one. They were always either not the right color or not the right covered. I have a lot of acne scars on my face that do not seem to want to fade, so when I found Estée Lauder’s Double Wear Stay in Place foundation my life was changed for the better. It gives me full coverage without looking caking and it lasts all day.
- Now, though Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation is good by itself, it really helps to add a finishing powder. Finishing powder helps your makeup look smoother and last longer. I am obsessed with IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Silk HD Ant-Aging Micro Powder. It helps my skin look smooth and pore-less.
- I am really picky when it comes to my mascara. Mascara is tricky. Too much can give you spider lashes and not enough, is well, not enough. But my favorite mascara find ever has to be Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara by Bare Minerals. It makes my lashes look naturally big!
I love McDonalds. I know I should not because it is so incredibly bad for you and I am pretty sure the meat is not even real meat. But I still love it and I occasionally still eat it and just pretend I do not know how disgusting it is.
I know people can be pretty obsessed with McDonalds. Some people eat it every day, but Sweden just took their love for McDonalds to a new level. They have a McDonalds themed clothing line.
They are calling it their “Lifestyle Collection” because McDonalds is not just a restaurant, it is a way of life. And for some, that way of life is heart-stopping cholesterol. I am not hating I am just stating facts!
So this “Lifestyle Collection” revolves around the Big Mac. Literally every item of clothing they are releasing just has a repeating pattern of the Big Mac on a white background. McDonalds launched their collection at their own “McWalk” fashion show in Stockholm, Sweden. They were inspired to create this fashion line after they created thermal underwear as a way to sponsor the Swedish Alpine and Cross Country Ski Team.
It was also part of their campaign ImLovinIt24 where McDonalds left 24 gifts, in 24 cities in a span of 24 hours. But apparently the clothing line is here to stay, in Sweden that is. It is not available anywhere else. At least yet?
The collection includes a bedspread, wallpaper, thermals, rain boots, a rain coat, and even a coat for your pet. Your house and wardrobe will look just like Ronald McDonald himself. I do not know if that is a good thing though. Clowns are creepy.
If you are lucky enough to be in Sweden and have the purchasing power, the gear is all around $50.00 USD. Maybe a Sweed can hook me up?